Most Android device owners are so used to using the Play Market that they are surprised when they find out that there are a large number of other sites and forums that allow you to download the APK files of various mobile applications. But this surprise quickly passes when they want to download some interesting application and cannot find it in the Play Market. When these users start looking for the reason for this, they find out that Google is simply afraid to add many cool apps to its store.
What is the solution? This is where websites with paid and free downloadable applications for Android come to the rescue. At the first glance at them, it becomes clear that they are just as convenient to use as Google Play. They have the same easy navigation, section and search system, and a wider selection of applications than in the Play Market. However, they do not have an automatic installation, instead they offer users to download and install apk files.
APK Files and What You Need to Know about Them
In simple terms, the APK file in the Android operating system is the same as the EXE file in Bill Gates’ Windows operating system. This means that it is an executable file that installs some new software into the operating system. And the main problem with such files is that they may contain malicious programs that the protection system cannot notice due to the features of APK and EXE files.
However, the risks are greatly exaggerated. If you download applications from trusted sources, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. For example, if users want to download a modified JTWhatsApp messenger that is not available on the Play Market, they go to a trusted mobile app website where:
- The website’s cybersecurity service carefully checks applications before making them available to the public. This means that programs with viruses simply do not get there.
- A program with a virus has another chance to get into the store when an update for it comes out, because it is practically new software. Updates come out frequently and it’s hard to check them all. But directory websites have foreseen this moment. After they check the developer’s studio and its software for the first time, they give them a cryptographic signature that can neither be stolen nor forged. So when a developer submits an update, the system simply verifies that they have a digital certificate to establish authenticity.
Thus, users can safely download applications from such websites and be sure that it is no more risky than downloading them from the Play Market.
How to Use APK Files
When you first decide to install an application from websites that allow you to download apk files, you can be sure that there is nothing complicated about it. There will just be a couple of unusual moments for you. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- First, find the program you need on the website and click the download button.
- An apk file will be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet.
- Find and open it. Usually, the system itself notifies about the end of the file download and offers to open it. If this does not happen, then use any file manager, find the apk file and simply click on it to start the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, delete the original apk file so that it does not take up space.